All of the following reading notes come from the textbook A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization: Strategies, Tactics, and Tools for Succeeding in the Social Web by Deltina Hay.
Ch. 11- More Social Tools
- Social calenders- great way to get extra exposure. They offer a convenient way for you to post yours event in one place and highligh them in many ways on many different platforms.
- Social pages- sites where, instead of creating a page about yourself, your book, or your business, you create pages about a particular topic.
- Wikis- a collaborative Website that allows anyone to update its content.
- Social search portals- offer visitors a unique search experience right from your Website or blog.
Ch. 12- Pulling It All Together
- Optimizing your Website- Can users interact with the content? Can visitors share the content easily with others? Does the site encourage collaboration?
- Web optimization plan and essential tactics are provided
- Integration plan- integrate your images, integrate your video, integrate other social media tools