All of the following reading notes come from the textbook A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization: Strategies, Tactics, and Tools for Succeeding in the Social Web by Deltina Hay.
Ch. 10- Social Media Newsrooms
- A social media newsroom is one place where you can tell the media, prospective clients, book reviewers, or anyone who wants to know all about you, your business, or your book exactly what they need to know.
- A social media newsroom is for individuals or businesses that tend to get or want to get a lot of media coverage, or who put out news releases on a regular basis.
- To build a social media newsroom you should: install WordPress (or other CMS) and your theme, design the functionality of the theme, and set up your newsroom sections.
- You must prepare documents, images, and other multimedia items for your newsroom
- After you prepare your newsroom, you have to populate it
- Some examples of social media newsrooms are given that are very helpful in seeing what one actually looks like.