All of the following reading notes come from the textbook A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization: Strategies, Tactics, and Tools for Succeeding in the Social Web by Deltina Hay.
Chapter 6- Social Networking and Micro-Blogging
- Social networking is one of the most powerful social media strategies
- Facebook overview– posts, feed, wall, applications, groups, people search, messages, pages
- There was a great deal of information about Facebook in this chapter. I read and looked over all of the information, but I already have a good idea of how to use Facebook because I have had one for almost four years.
- Other social networking sites are looked at such as: MySpace, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- How to create your own social network? Create a social network in Ning, Create a Ning badge, promote your social networking presence
This chapter was informative for me because I am a big fan of social networking. I have a profile with many of the sites that are mentioned in this chapter, but I never thought about creating my “own social network.”