All of the following reading notes come from the textbook A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization: Strategies, Tactics, and Tools for Succeeding in the Social Web by Deltina Hay.
Ch. 5- Podcasting, Vidcasting, and Webcasting
- A podcast includes both audio and video files
- Options for publishing a podcast- Blogging platform, publishing to website, using a service
- Before you upload a podcast you must prepare the script and the key terms you are going to use (this section gives information on how long each section of your podcast should be)
- The next section gives information on how to record your episodes (this section and chapter will be VERY helpful when creating my podcast for my PR and Social Media course)
- Webcasting is an online broadcast which consists of a series of uploaded videos
I found this chapter extremely beneficial to read because for my PRCA 3030 course, we have to make and upload our own podcast. This chapter will help me to do this and has great guidelines on what to do.