All of the following reading notes come from the textbook A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization: Strategies, Tactics, and Tools for Succeeding in the Social Web by Deltina Hay.
Ch. 2- Preparation
- Key terms are used in search optimization- they are used to help search engines categorize searches
- Before making a profile you need to: Find out which entity you will be representing in social web and which person within your organization will be representing you in social web
- This chapter gave great information of how to prepare the content for your profile and how to increase exposure in the Social Web by preparing multimedia items, optimizing file names, gathering content from blogs, and more.
Ch. 3- RSS Feeds and Blogs
- RSS stands for Really Simply Syndication– RSS feeds are ways of sharing information across the internet
- Having RSS feeds offer ways for visitors to access your content easily
- Google feed reader is a Web-based feed reader in which you can subscribe to feeds, search available feeds, and more
- There are many different types of feed readers and ways to organize available feeds online
- The chapter then shows how to display feeds on your website and how to create your own RSS feed
- To create your own feed you must plan you feed and the content that will be involved
- The next section is about blog- this section offers options on how to start and maintain a blog
- Throughout the end of the chapter, there is a lot of information on what type of information to include in your blogs and tips on how to make a successful blog